Under the Performance Management and Support Program for Lebanon (PMSPL) II, EnCompass’ role was to integrate gender considerations and realities into the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of USAID/Lebanon activities. EnCompass provided gender reviews of evaluation plans and tools for mission programs and implementing partner projects. To complement USAID/Lebanon’s strategic direction and inform program development, EnCompass also conducted gender analyses in sectors where USAID/Lebanon works. These analyses highlighted the different perceptions of gender-related gaps and opportunities, helping USAID/Lebanon integrate gender effectively across its portfolio and advance gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The team developed gender resources and conducted analytical studies such as:
- Gender compliance toolkit
- “How To” Guides for USAID staff and implementing partners on how to use the toolkit
- Resource Guide for Gender Integration in Education Programming
- Gender compliance training for USAID staff and implementing partners
- Gender guide for agriculture value chain
- Basic Education Gender Analysis
- Higher Education Gender Analysis
- Country-Level Gender Analysis
EnCompass is a partner to Social Impact on this project.
Photo c/o UN Women/Joe Saade via Creative Commons