Client type: U.S. Government
Key topics: Agriculture and Food Security, Gender and Inclusive Development, Technical Assistance
Related Country(ies): Lebanon
Region: Middle East and North Africa
Under the Performance Management and Support Program for Lebanon (PMSPL) II, EnCompass’ role was to integrate gender considerations and realities into the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of USAID/Lebanon activities. EnCompass provided gender reviews of evaluation plans and tools for mission programs and implementing partner projects. To complement USAID/Lebanon’s strategic direction and inform program development, EnCompass also conducted gender analyses in sectors where USAID/Lebanon works. These analyses highlighted the different perceptions of gender-related gaps and opportunities, helping USAID/Lebanon integrate gender effectively across its portfolio and advance gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The team developed gender resources and conducted analytical studies such as:
- Gender compliance toolkit
- “How To” Guides for USAID staff and implementing partners on how to use the toolkit
- Resource Guide for Gender Integration in Education Programming
- Gender compliance training for USAID staff and implementing partners
- Gender guide for agriculture value chain
- Basic Education Gender Analysis
- Higher Education Gender Analysis
- Country-Level Gender Analysis
EnCompass is a partner to Social Impact on this project.
Photo c/o UN Women/Joe Saade via Creative Commons