Through USAID’s Innovation Design, Execution, and Acceleration Support (IDEAS) Activity, EnCompass LLC and our partners, DT Global, Challenge Works, and Itad, will work with the USAID Innovation, Technology, and Research Hub’s Innovation Division (ITR/I) within the Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation to provide design assistance, technical expertise, and administrative support for USAID and implementing partner efforts in open innovation programming.
IDEAS will deliver high-quality support to Missions and Bureaus to help them achieve their innovation and co-creation objectives. We will promote local, sustainable solutions and provide robust, localized technical assistance to enable the acceleration and sustainability of innovative solutions. Our team will also capture and disseminate knowledge within USAID and throughout the development community on best practices, successes, and lessons learned from both the innovations themselves and the programs supporting them.
Services provided will include:
- Designing, executing, and accelerating open innovation programs.
- Executing administrative, implementation, grant-making, and technical assistance functions in support of open innovation programs.
- Servicing and managing open innovation program buy-ins from throughout the Agency.
- Providing technical support to open innovation grantees.
- Analyzing and managing open innovation data.
- Engaging external audiences on open innovation–related programs.
- Communicating open innovation program results and impact.
Our consortium of partners brings a variety of strengths to this effort, including strong management systems and processes, technical expertise in leading open innovation programs, extensive networks of service providers and innovators around the world, and a track record of leveraging evaluation, learning, and knowledge management in service of sustainable development.
IDEAS is a task order under the OASIS SB Pool 1 mechanism, a U.S. government procurement mechanism through which USAID and other U.S. government agencies can access best-in-class services from EnCompass LLC and other organizations.
Photo by USAID on Flickr