Through the Data and Evidence for Education Programs (DEEP) activity, EnCompass works with the USAID Office of Education in the USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment to improve the quality, relevance, availability, accessibility, and use of education data and evidence. DEEP’s aim is to help cultivate improved and more equitable education programs around the globe.
The DEEP team uses a four-pronged approach to address the challenges of effective data and evidence utilization, fostering a shift in data culture:
- Ensure the availability of rigorous, relevant data
- Better understand contributors and barriers to program effectiveness and equity
- Translate complex information and tailor content and dissemination approaches to increase accessibility of evidence
- Ensure meaningful use of information by strengthening capacity to interpret and use evidence throughout the USAID Program Cycle
DEEP also provides technical support to USAID missions and bureaus and other U.S. Government agencies interested in improving the quality, relevance, and use of their education data. EnCompass partners with MSI, A Tetra Tech company on this contract.
For more information about how to work with the DEEP activity, contact Chief of Party Amy Mulcahy-Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- COVID-19 and Education: Initial Insights for Preparedness, Planning and Response
- Delivering Distance Learning in Emergencies Literature Review
- USAID Africa Education Briefs
Photo c/o USAID via US Government Works