Advancing the Agenda of Gender Equality (ADVANTAGE)
With the adoption of the GEFE Policy and ADS 205: Integrating Gender Equality and Female Empowerment in USAID’s Program Cycle 2010, USAID Operating Units (OUs) are required to design and implement development programs that address gender gaps and inequalities between females and males. Additionally, the Policy requires measurement of progress toward the three outcomes of the GEFE policy—improve access to resources; reduce gender-based violence; and promote female leadership and empowerment.
The Advancing the Agenda of Gender Equality (ADVANTAGE) IDIQ is a USAID indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract. It supports implementation of the USAID Gender Equality and Female Empowerment (GEFE) Policy by providing gender integration services in four areas:
- Technical assistance
- Training assistance
- Outreach and communications
- Organizational analysis.
All Washington and overseas operating units can access ADVANTAGE to:
- Augment country and project level gender analysis teams
- Support gender integration in CDCSs and project designs
- Prepare Performance Management Plans with gender-sensitive indicators
- Carry out evaluations
- Communicate progress toward gender equality and female empowerment outcomes.