The American Evaluation Association’s 29th Annual Conference is taking place this week (November 9-14) in Chicago, Illinois. As part of the larger celebration of 2015 as the International Year of Evaluation, this year's conference will focus on Exemplary Evaluations in a Multicultural World: Learning from Evaluation’s Successes Across the Globe. Evaluators, evaluation scholars, students, and evaluation users from around the world are invited to assemble, share, and learn from the successes of the international discipline and practice of evaluation.
EnCompass is honored to be leading a number of presentations and discussions at this year’s conference- some of which have already begun! In preparation for their session on Wednesday, Lynne Franco (our Vice President of Technical Assistance and Evaluation) and Jonathan Jones of CAMRIS International wrote a blog post for AEA365 on supercharging your focus groups.
We hope you’ll join us at all of our staff sessions:
- 2619: Evaluating the Evaluators: Learning from the EvalPartners Partnership
Tessie Catsambas, Presenter #1
- ICCE3: Evaluating Education Around the World
Beeta Tahmassebi, Session Chair
- 2126: Collecting Data on Sensitive/Vulnerable Populations: Lessons Learned from the Front Lines of International Development Evaluation to Build Trust, Reduce the Risk of Harm, and Produce Meaningful Data Along the Way
Lynne Franco, Session Chair
- 3248: Inspiring stories of AEA TIG Exemplary Evaluation: A Performance
Tessie Catsambas, Session Chair
- 2526: Supercharge Your Focus Groups! Using Adult Facilitation Techniques to Capture rich Data - and Ensuring Your Participants Have Fun in the Process!
Lynne Franco, Session Facilitator
- 2247: Beyond the Report – Innovative ways to Visualize Program Performance and Outcomes
Beeta Tahmassebi, Presenter #1
- 2083: The Challenges of Measuring Improvements in Patient Outcomes – Lessons learned from the JCR Hospital Engagement Network
Beeta Tahmassebi, Presenter #2
- 2879: Appreciative Inquiry, Positivism and Happiness as Key Ingredients in Exemplary Evaluation
Tessie Catsambas, Session Facilitator
- 2592: Global Evaluation Agenda 2016-2020, voice from America
Tessie Catsambas, Discussion Group Leader