ELC Special Event: Localization and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
ELC Special Event: Localization and Monitoring, Evaluation
and Learning (MEL)
Date and Time: April 24, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. EDT
The webinar is an opportunity for USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) colleagues to hear from regional and local evaluation leaders with the goal to advance USAID’s localization strategy in the MEL space. Speakers come from countries in Asia, Africa, MENA and LAC. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues and new connections from around the world to discuss strategies and opportunities for action toward localization including commissioning and conducting evaluations, promoting local scholarship, working with new partners at country level, and MEL capacity strengthening. The goal of this webinar is to connect USAID MEL actors, especially in MEL platforms, with local and regional networks that will enable USAID’s localization strategy.
• Introduction and Welcome (USAID and EnCompass)
• Collaborating with VOPEs at the country and regional level
• Collaborating with EvalYouth country and regional chapters
• Collaborating with Universities and Journals
• Next steps and Closing
- Tessie Catsambas, CEO/CFO, EnCompass LLC
- Winston Allen, Agency Evaluation Officer, USAID
- Amanda Stek, Associate Director, EnCompass LLC
- Rosetti Nabbumba, President, African Evaluation Association (AfREA)
- Celeste Ghiano, Coordinator, Latin American and Caribbean Network of Monitoring, Evaluation and Systemization (ReLAC)
- Sawsan Al-Zatari, Co-Chair, EvalYouth MENA
- Mark Mulobi, Vice-Chair, EvalYouth Global Network
- Shyam Singh, Journal Chief Editor, Asia Pacific Journal of Evaluation
- Mark Abrahams, Editor-In-Chief, African Evaluation Journal
- And more….
Please note that this event will take place online via zoom. The login information for the event will be emailed to registrants. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.