Can evaluation frameworks be successfully combined? Can Theory-Driven Evaluation be used with Appreciative Inquiry? Is it possible for Experimental Design Evaluation and Culturally Responsive Evaluation to be used in tandem? Evaluators often feel “constrained” by using just one framework. Yet, there is little practical guidance to show them how to bring multiple frameworks together.
In this course with Bianca Montrosse-Moorhead, participants will learn all about evaluation practice framework weaving, and how it relates to evaluation models, theories, approaches, and methods. They will (1) investigate various framework weaving options, (2) explore a case study that shows framework weaving in practice, and (3) apply what they have learned to weaving practice frameworks together. Challenge questions we will explore throughout the course include:
- What is evaluation practice framework weaving and how does it relate to existing evaluation models, theories, approaches, and methods?\
- What are examples of framework weaving in practice? How do they enhance an evaluation’s quality, coherence, relevance, and usefulness?
- What process can you use to intentionally weave together practice frameworks? What challenges can arise and how can you address them?
This course is delivered in three interactive modules. Click on the module titles below to read about each. Classes will take place online, via Adobe Connect. Certificates of completion will be provided at the end of the course to all participants who successfully complete the three modules.
Module 1: Framework Weaving Foundations
January 19, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
Module 2: Case Studies in Framework Weaving
January 22, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
Module 3: Using Framework Weaving in Your Practice
January 26, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
ELC courses vary in length (i.e. number of modules). The table below provides the fee associated with ELC courses.
The following Early Bird and Group Discounts are available for 2020 programs:
- 10% off of full price for those who register for a module up to 2 weeks before the delivery. The discount will be applied automatically at the time of registration.
- 20% off of full price for groups of three or more who contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and register at one time. After the first group of three have registered, additional members may be added to the group. Please note: the group rate cannot be applied retroactively. As such, if you believe your friends or colleagues may be interested, encourage them to be part of a group prior to registering!
Please note that discounts cannot be combined or applied retroactively. Do not proceed with registration and payment if you need assistance; contact us at email@example.com.
- Credit cards
- Purchase order/SF182
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We have certain costs associated with delivery that cannot be recouped when we have last minute cancellations. Full refunds (less a $100 processing fee) will be made up to 3 weeks prior to the first module of the course. These refunds may take up to 4 weeks to process. While we understand that personal or work related conflicts can arise from time to time, please note that refunds are not issued under any circumstances within 3 weeks of delivery. Registration may be transferred for the entire course to another person within your organization until 24 hours before the start of the program. ELC will not transfer registration or provide any refunds or vouchers for modules that are missed after the start of a course.
If an entire class is cancelled by EnCompass for any reason, EnCompass will issue participants a full refund.
Because these courses are online and open to participants around the world, EnCompass will not cancel modules based on inclement weather or in observance of national holidays. Please be sure that you are able to attend all modules before registering for a course.
To learn about upcoming course deliveries,