Evaluation facilitation is a specialized niche within the larger world of facilitation. It applies and adapts general facilitation knowledge and techniques to the specialized challenges of working with stakeholder groups involved in program evaluation. The purpose of such facilitation is to enhance the relevance, credibility, meaningfulness, and utility of evaluations.
Evaluation facilitation falls within the Interpersonal Domain of the American Evaluation Association’s competencies. This domain focuses on the human relations and social interactions that ground evaluator’s effectiveness for professional practice. Interpersonal skills include cultural competence, communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution. This webinar will build skills in all of these interpersonal skills, with particular emphasis on facilitation as the bedrock of interpersonal evaluator competence. The interpersonally competent evaluation facilitator:
- Fosters positive relationships for professional practice and evaluation use
- Listens to understand and engage different perspectives
- Facilitates shared decision making for evaluation
- Builds trust throughout the evaluation
- Attends to the ways power and privilege affect evaluation practice
- Communicates in meaningful ways that enhance the effectiveness of the evaluation
- Facilitates constructive and culturally responsive interaction throughout the evaluation
- Manages conflicts constructively.
(Source: AEA Interpersonal Competencies)
This course is delivered in four virtual, instructor-led modules. Click on the module titles below to read about each one. Classes will take place online via Adobe Connect. Certificates of completion will be provided at the end of the course to all participants who have successfully completed the modules.
Module 1: Evaluation Facilitation Overview: Dimensions, Skills, and Steps
May 5, 8 a.m.–11 a.m. EST
Module 2: Five Operating Principles for Evaluation Facilitation
May 7, 8 a.m.–11 a.m. EST
Module 3: Facilitation Issues and Adaptation
May 12, 8 a.m.–11 a.m. EST
Module 4: Facilitation Cases and Opportunities for Practice
May 14, 8 a.m.–11 a.m. EST
To accommodate participants’ budgets and preferred reading format, we do not insist that recommended or required texts be purchased through the EnCompass Learning Center. Participants can choose to purchase new, used, or electronic versions of textbooks depending on their needs. Please note that we have no preferred vendor, and that the link on our website is only provided for convenience and is not meant as an endorsement of any kind. As such, the ELC will not be responsible for any issues that arise related to textbooks purchases and we will not issue any course refunds or vouchers due to textbook related issues.
ELC courses vary in length (i.e. number of modules). The table below provides the fee associated with ELC courses.
The following Early Bird and Group Discounts are available for 2020 programs:
- 10% off of full price for those who register for a module up to 2 weeks before the delivery. The discount will be applied automatically at the time of registration.
- 20% off of full price for groups of three or more who contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and register at one time. After the first group of three have registered, additional members may be added to the group. Please note: the group rate cannot be applied retroactively. As such, if you believe your friends or colleagues may be interested, encourage them to be part of a group prior to registering!
Please note that discounts cannot be combined or applied retroactively. Do not proceed with registration and payment if you need assistance; contact us at email@example.com.
- Credit cards
- Purchase order/SF182
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We have certain costs associated with delivery that cannot be recouped when we have last minute cancellations. Full refunds (less a $100 processing fee) will be made up to 3 weeks prior to the first module of the course. These refunds may take up to 4 weeks to process. While we understand that personal or work related conflicts can arise from time to time, please note that refunds are not issued under any circumstances within 3 weeks of delivery. Registration may be transferred for the entire course to another person within your organization until 24 hours before the start of the program. ELC will not transfer registration or provide any refunds or vouchers for modules that are missed after the start of a course.
If an entire class is cancelled by EnCompass for any reason, EnCompass will issue participants a full refund.
Because these courses are online and open to participants around the world, EnCompass will not cancel modules based on inclement weather or in observance of national holidays. Please be sure that you are able to attend all modules before registering for a course.