Using Interviews to Enhance Evaluation Practice
This course will demonstrate approaches to using interviews to enhance evaluation practice, including the research that supports the best ways to create and conduct good interviews, practical steps to being successfully set up to use interviews throughout an evaluation, options for processing interview data, and visualizing interview data. Challenge questions we will explore throughout the four modules include:
- What are the different ways interviews can be used at any point in the evaluation process to enhance its quality, relevance, and usefulness?
- What does the research say about how best to prepare for and conduct good interviews, and how can you put this information to use?
- What interview challenges should you anticipate, at what part in the interview process, and how can you address them?
This course is delivered in four virtual, instructor-led modules. Click on the module titles below to read about each one. Classes will take place online via Adobe Connect. Certificates of completion will be provided at the end of the course to all participants who have successfully completed the modules.
Module 1: Interview Foundations
April 7, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
Module 2: Setting Yourself Up for Success—Interview Questions, Guides, and Requests
April 9, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
Module 3: Interview Competencies and the Secrets to Conducting Good Interviews
April 14, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
Module 4: Recording, Processing, and Visualizing Interview Data
April 16, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. EDT
ELC courses vary in length (i.e. number of modules). The table below provides the fee associated with ELC courses.
The following Early Bird and Group Discounts are available for 2020 programs:
- 10% off of full price for those who register for a module up to 2 weeks before the delivery. The discount will be applied automatically at the time of registration.
- 20% off of full price for groups of three or more who contact our team at email@example.com and register at one time. After the first group of three have registered, additional members may be added to the group. Please note: the group rate cannot be applied retroactively. As such, if you believe your friends or colleagues may be interested, encourage them to be part of a group prior to registering!
Please note that discounts cannot be combined or applied retroactively. Do not proceed with registration and payment if you need assistance; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Credit cards
- Purchase order/SF182
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We have certain costs associated with delivery that cannot be recouped when we have last minute cancellations. Full refunds (less a $100 processing fee) will be made up to 3 weeks prior to the first module of the course. These refunds may take up to 4 weeks to process. While we understand that personal or work related conflicts can arise from time to time, please note that refunds are not issued under any circumstances within 3 weeks of delivery. Registration may be transferred for the entire course to another person within your organization until 24 hours before the start of the program. ELC will not transfer registration or provide any refunds or vouchers for modules that are missed after the start of a course.
If an entire class is cancelled by EnCompass for any reason, EnCompass will issue participants a full refund.
Because these courses are online and open to participants around the world, EnCompass will not cancel modules based on inclement weather or in observance of national holidays. Please be sure that you are able to attend all modules before registering for a course.
To learn about upcoming course deliveries,