Vice President of Strategic Initiatives
Beeta Shadman Tahmassebi, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, oversees EnCompass' knowledge management and communications teams, manages enterprise risk management, and is Executive Director for the EnCompass Learning Center (ELC). From 2017 to 2020, Ms. Tahmassebi was also Director of Operations for The Evaluators' Institute. She has managed evaluation and development programs for a range of clients, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, National Institutes of Health, USAID, Save the Children, Lutheran World Relief, IREX, American Library Association, Institute for Museum and Library Services, U.S. Department of Labor, World Food Programme, International Fund for Agricultural Development, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Marriot International, and Daimler AG.
With many years of experience designing, managing, and evaluating capacity strengthening and learning programs, Ms. Tahmassebi is excited to provide high-quality professional development in evaluation, management, and international development to a global audience of learners through the ELC. She is a champion for young and emerging evaluators, bringing a strong commitment to lifelong learning to EnCompass' clients.
Ms. Tahmassebi serves on the Board of Directors (2020 President-Elect and 2021 President) for Washington Evaluators, the largest local affiliate of the American Evaluation Association (AEA). She is a frequent presenter at special events and conferences, serves on the AEA Working Group for Evaluation Professionalization, and is an active member of the AEA local affiliates collaborative. She has an MBA from Georgetown University’s McDounough School of Business and is proficient in Farsi.
- Employment Spotlight—Tips for Young and Emerging Evaluators (YEEs) Part II: Finding your next opportunity and building your network
- Employment Spotlight—Tips for Young and Emerging Evaluators (YEEs) Part I: Working with EnCompass
- New Project: EnCompass Awarded USAID’s Technical, Operational, and Program Support for Environment, Energy, and Infrastructure (TOPS) contract
- Health Systems Strengthening in Support of Global Goals
- You’re Invited to Two EnCompass Learning Center Online Panel Events!
- Beeta Tahmassebi Steps into the Role of President for Washington Evaluators
- Introducing the EnCompass Learning Center!
- More Bang for Your Buck: Value Engineering Evaluation Services