EnCompass helps clients and partners achieve and sustain organizational excellence by using data and information gained through rigorous monitoring, evaluation, and research. Our work in learning and organizational development allows us to integrate strong facilitation and capacity-strengthening processes to deepen the impact of our work. Visit this page for blog posts, project pages, and other content our monitoring, evaluation, and research services.
What We Offer in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research
- Use of data and information for learning through monitoring, evaluation, and research for enhanced performance
- Thought leadership and sophisticated models for client engagement to create tools and methods that fit each client’s unique culture and needs
- Cross-sectoral expertise and mastery of cross-cutting areas such as gender, institutionalization, and quality improvement to ensure learning can be integrated across programs, increase collaboration and buy-in among stakeholders, and have lasting effects
How We Work
- Serving as thought partner to provide inputs and advice, guiding clients forward by building on past successes
- Using highly collaborative approaches to encourage use of monitoring, evaluation, and research data in program design and adjustments for enhanced outcomes
- Integrating advanced facilitation and capacity-strengthening processes to support collaboration around learning, deepen understanding of findings, and create interest in sharing and using results for progress toward desired outcomes
What Makes Our Work Different
- Appreciative and strengths-based – We use Appreciative Evaluation, a strengths-based methodology, to help our clients uncover past successes, imagine possibilities, and develop future actions.
- Participant-centered – We exercise humility and respect in engaging participants, and believe that active engagement of stakeholders leads to more meaningful and feasible evaluation frameworks.
- Utilization-focused – We engage clients as partners and leaders to strengthen their understanding and ability to make use of evaluation results and implement stronger, more targeted interventions. Through participatory learning sessions, we work with clients to build data into improvement processes.
- Complexity-aware – We use methods that explore the interrelationships within networks, elucidate non-linear causal pathways, and stimulate questioning that leads to deeper understanding.
- Mixed-methods – We select the quantitative and qualitative methods that are the most appropriate for each client to allow for broad understanding, deep exploration of insights, and triangulation of findings.
- Equity-focused – We account for the reality that interventions affect stakeholders differently, and address these differences by engaging a diversity of voices and disaggregating data during the analysis process.
- Quality improvement–oriented – We bring expertise in the development of standards, selection of indicators and outcomes, data collection and analysis, formulation and testing of solutions, and evaluating the performance of development innovations.
- Creative reporting and data visualization – We specialize in developing toolkits, Slidedocs, and other user-centered reporting instruments to facilitate the uptake of information.