USAID, Time to Learn Project, Zambia
EnCompass worked to improve the evidence base for community school-based education in Zambia in order to ultimately improve early grade literacy. EnCompass built evaluation and research capacity of Zambian institutions, including the Ministry of Education, Science, Vocational Training and Early Education, Examinations Council of Zambia and institutions of higher learning, conducts evaluation and research, and provides technical expertise. EnCompass implemented baseline, midline, endline and two performance evaluations, and conducted case study research.
Time to Learn’s Case Study Series provides insight into best practices in education with an emphasis on community schools. Designed for policymakers and program implementers, these case studies focus on key research priorities identified by stakeholders in Zambia’s educational sector, including government officials, academics, and civil society.
Published case studies include:
- Active Parents, Active Learners? Lessons from Two Community Schools in Zambia
- Government Teachers in Community Schools: Two Zambian Success Stories
- Enabling Excellence: Girls Succeeding in Zambian Community Schools
- Second Chances for Girls: The Zambian Re-entry into School Policy
Other published Resouces:
- Ensuring Inclusive and Quality Education for All: A Comprehensive Review of Community Schools in Zambia
- The Role of Active Parent Community School Committees in Achieving Strong Relative School Performance in Zambian Community Schools
- Community Schools in Zambia: Stakeholder Briefing
EnCompass’ evaluations integrate Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) and Snapshot for School Management Effectiveness with qualitative and classroom observation methodologies in an appreciative, participatory, whole-systems approach that contributes to a more complete understanding of the unique community school context and project interventions. As the project’s learning partner, each evaluation built on previous findings in an iterative approach that focused on the most pressing project learning needs.
Project evaluations include:
- Time to Learn Year Two Performance Review Report
- Time to Learn Midline Impact Evaluation
- Time to Learn Year Four Performance Evaluation Report
- Time to Learn Endline Evaluation Report
Photo via EnCompass LLC, All Rights Reserved