Evaluation of Save the Children's Saving Newborn Lives (SNL)
EnCompass was an evaluation and learning partner for Save the Children’s Saving Newborn Lives (SNL) program, a globally recognized leader in newborn health supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. SNL works in 18 countries to advocate for and bring high-impact newborn services and practices to scale. One of EnCompass’ responsibilities was to ensure that monitoring and evaluation approaches and activities consider the impacts of all global, regional, and national stakeholders.
EnCompass completed a number of mixed-methods evaluations and special analyses to assess the impact and effect SNL is having on the global newborn health community. This included external midterm and final evaluations; design of a theory of change; developments of a grants’ monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan; and annual performance reviews in all countries where SNL is operating, and at the global level. We also performed a series of network analyses, including one for the stillbirth community that was featured in the Lancet in December 2016.
You can find links to some of the deliverables for this work below:
- SNL Report: Progress in Mali
- SNL Report: Progress in Indonesia
- SNL Synthesis Report
- Utilization-Focused Evaluation: A Network Analysis of Organizations Working to Prevent Stillbirth
You can find news and blog posts about EnCompass’ work on SNL here:
- Organizational Network Analysis of Newborn Communities - Synthesis Report
- EnCompass Presenting at 8th African Evaluation Association Conference
- Strengthening Evaluation Capacity in Africa
Photo c/o Save the Children via Creative Commons